From the press release:
Penny Arcade (www.penny-arcade.com) is the most popular online comic in the world, serving 3.5 million readers monthly. Focused mainly on videogame culture and industry commentary, but managing to skewer a host of mainstream topics along the way, illustrator Mike Krahulik and writer Jerry Holkins deliver colorful humor in a thrice weekly cartoon strip and accompanying blog. The strip regularly features the creator’s alter egos, Tycho and Gabe.
Tycho and Gabe have partnered in true collaborative style with independent developer Hothead Games and are bringing the comic to life in the form of the first-ever Penny Arcade video game, a PC/Mac/Linux computer game called Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness. Consulting on the game’s design is Ron Gilbert, creator of such adventure game classics as The Secret of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. The gameplay is a blend of classic adventure and role-playing (RPG) combat elements set in the 1920’s. Penny Arcade Adventures is initially expected to be released in a downloadable, episodic format with the first episode available later this year.
Key game features:
• Hilarious, over-the-top dialogue written by Jerry Holkins in a style that will be familiar to Penny Arcade fans.
• Progressively unravel the game’s mysteries through classic adventure game play.
• Battle an array of zany enemies with the RPG combat system.
• An interactive Penny Arcade comic: customize the look and dress of your character and explore the unusual world of New Arcadia.
• Gabe, Tycho, Annarchy, The Fruit F*cker 2000 and many favorite Penny Arcade characters, plus new characters designed by Mike Krahulik.
• Set in a steampunk meets pulp horror meets H.P. Lovecraft alternate Penny Arcade universe.