Sega announced new games to be added to the Nintendo Virtual Console service in the first quarter of 2007. For those who are into retro gaming and own a Wii, these games give you something to look forward to.
Descriptions below from the official press release:
- Streets of Rage – This city was once a happy, peaceful, place…until one day, a powerful secret criminal organization took over. This vicious syndicate soon had control of the government and even the police force. The city has become a center of violence and crime where no one is safe. Amid this turmoil, a group of determined young police officers has sworn to clean up the city. Among them are Adam Hunter, Axel Stone, and Blaze Fielding. They decided to put their lives on the line and take back their city through their special hand-to-hand combat abilities. They are willing to risk anything, even their lives, on the Streets of Rage. (1991/© SEGA)
- Bio-Hazard Battle – An army of biogenetic mutants has gone haywire, terrorizing the world and putting the future of the planet in jeopardy. It’s up to you to take on the mutant menace and restore order and harmony to the planet Avaron, before it’s too late! Through eight levels of intense action, you’ll be up against some of the nastiest, most vile creatures you’ve ever seen, things like mega amoebas, nuclear crabs, electroworms, and gut-grabbing insects. You have four different Bioship fightercraft to choose from, each with unique handling capabilities and weapons systems. Your mission will take you through cavernous mineshafts, the ocean floor, and the Biowar Lab, each populated by heinous creatures that only man could have created. Hop into your fightercraft and save Avaron from certain doom. (1992/© SEGA)
- Gain Ground – It’s the 31st Century, and science and technology have progressed to the point that the human race is approaching perfection: no war, no poverty, and no conflict. With nothing to worry about, the human race seems destined to live forever in harmony; but what if Earth came under attack? By this point in time, people did not know how to cope with problems or conflicts, and had completely lost their survival instincts. In response to this, the United Earth Government created the Gain Ground system, a war simulator that would help humans rediscover their lost instincts. After several terrible malfunctions, the creators became prisoners in their own creation. Now it’s up to you and two courageous comrades to go into the Gain Ground system, rescue your fellow humans, and destroy the system. You’ll battle through different periods in history as you revive your survival instincts, while trying to stay alive! (1991/© SEGA)
- Comix Zone – Sketch Turner is an artist in New York City. One day while Sketch is drawing, there is a huge thunderstorm and a bolt of lightning hits Sketch’s image, bringing it to life. That image is Mortus, a megalomaniac mutant who wants to become real and rule the earth. Mortus magically transports Sketch into the pages of his comic book so that he can end his creator’s life and become real. Inside the comic book, Sketch meets General Alissa Cyan, who believes he is a superhero that came to save their post-apocalyptic world from the evil brought by Mortus’ hand. Now that he’s a comic book superhero, Sketch can fight like a one-man mercenary platoon! (1995/© SEGA)
- Bonanza Bros. – Mobo and Robo Bonanza are enjoying their favorite television show when the picture crackles and the shadowy figure of a mysterious stranger appears on screen. This figure asks them to collect certain items that he has placed inside various buildings to test his security force. If they return the items successfully, Mobo and Robo will be rewarded. The two of them agree to get the job done in just three minutes, however, they don’t know yet that each building is packed with security guards who will raise the alarm if they are caught red-handed and a huge reward will be given out if Mobo and Robo are apprehended. Fortunately both Mobo and Robo are equipped with bullets that can knock the guards unconscious for a few seconds. Help the infamous Bonanza Bros. infiltrate a number of different locations ranging from banks to mansions to casinos and don’t get caught! (1991/© SEGA)